Sunday, February 19, 2006

Reading Ebert reviews

Do you ever just feel so much compassion for people and our plight as humans? Me too. It's a good thing we have movies to distract us! And TV, lots of TV! I'm writing tongue in cheek, but also being serious. So many people, (including me!) do things that I don't approve of, like spend hours watching TV, but sometimes I just look at all of us and think, "whatever gets you through the night." All I ask is that you take the Buddhist and medical oath approach and first do no harm. At their best, movies can serve as modern day sit-around-the-campfire stories that make life less raw and a little less scary by giving us all a pattern to observe and a connection to each other.

Some movies I might want to see
  1. Isn't this a Time?
  2. Tristram Shandy: A Cock & Bull Story (R)
  3. Bubble (R)
  4. Cape of Good Hope (PG-13)
  5. Christmas in the Clouds (PG)
  6. Eight Below (PG)
  7. The Family Stone (PG-13)
  8. Last Holiday (PG-13)
  9. Munich (R)
  10. The New World (PG-13)
  11. The Producers
Movies I certainly want to see
  1. The Real Dirt on Farmer John (Not rated)
  2. Syriana (R)
  3. Transamerica (R)
  4. Something New (PG 13)
Movies I have seen
This year I most highly recommend Brokeback Mountain. Please see it and be amazed at the universality of love.

1 comment:

Joel said...

Tristam Shandy the movie? Wow. And I thought the comic book was the end of it all. I was wrong.

Don't forget to wind your clock.