Monday, March 06, 2006

I got a job!

Well, kids, it's official. I just (officially) got my first full time, benefits and everything, post master's degree job in my field. YES! It is about as perfect for me as it could be, and that includes positive and intelligent people. I'm really excited, and I'm excited they picked me. I imagined getting this job so much that it almost feels like I am still imagining it. I'm sure when I get my cavities filled and can finally chew with my whole mouth again that it will seem very real! Yay!

Now all those articles that tell me to budget, and save, and give to charity will have relevance to me, as I will now be earning a regular income for the first time in years. I am going to buy new bras, and underwear, and go to the dentist, and get new contacts (one of mine has a chip in it, but I haven't been able to buy a new one!) I am going to buy clothes that I actually like. I am going to SAVE MONEY in a, wait for it, it's kind of an exotic idea, in a SAVINGS ACCOUNT! Yay!! I am going to have money to spend on.... You know, stuff I need and WANT?! This is very exciting and new. And to top it all off, I will get to work at a COOL place.

My years of being ultra thrifty will come in handy, because even with my planned amount of savings I will be getting a raise in my standard of living. Oh yeah, and then there are those student loans... But I don't have to start paying those off until July, and I will still have extra spending money. So, I am going to be living it up, and getting my teeth whitened! And... and... :)

And I can finally tell all the people who so generously gave me reccomendations that I got the job. I have asked for help from more people in this time in my life than I ever have before. One of the benefits of asking for help is that after sharing my struggles it feels much more meaningful to share my joys and triumphs. Thanks everyone!

Love,
me :)

5 comments:

Joel said...

Dance to the left, dance to the right. Good show!

jo_jo said...

Absolutely thrilled for you! Go, go, go!!!

Laura Moncur said...

I'm so happy for you!! You deserve the best job in the world and BENEFITS! Health and dental insurance is a luxury that most Americans don't realize they are enjoying. Congratulations!!

I'm so proud of you!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!
Enjoy your life and shopping. :D

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you! Yay!!!!

....
The following sentence is written in Chinese which means "congratulations".
lol
热烈祝贺!!