Wednesday, April 13, 2005

What's your type? (or, Please can this be a meme!)

[Update: Hi visitors! My meme never took off, but some people are coming by to find out if their myer's briggs types are compatible with another type. Research has found that the more letters you have in common, the more likely you are to get along well in marriage. However, of course, their are good and bad marriages of any personality combinations. You also have to take character, emotional maturity, and shared goals into account. The Tiegers do extensive research about marriages between different personality types and share it in a fun to read and useful way in this facinating book. It was really fun to read about my type and my old boyfreinds' types and also about my type and my mom's type. The book was right on. Warning: other meyer's briggs type books have all different kinds of theories about who is compatible, but most are based on the author's intuition and counseling experience, not research. Now, on to the previously scheduled post...]

Imitating the Friday Five, here's what you do: Copy and paste the questions and post a link to your reply in the comments.

After reading the descriptions of the Myers Briggs types in the chart, answer the following questions as best you can. (scroll down after you click on the link to see the chart)
  1. What type are you?
  2. What type are you dating/married to, or would be interested in dating/marrying?
  3. What type are your best friends/kindred spirits?
  4. Which types are in your immediate family?
  5. Which type did you most recently get in a fight with?
  6. Which type did you talk to most recently?
    My answers:

    ISTJ ISFJ INFJ INTJ
    ISTP ISFP INFP INTP
    ESTP ESFP ENFP ENTP
    ESTJ ESFJ ENFJ ENTJ

    More than one color means that personality type is the answer to more than one question, and I cheated a little on the immediate family answer because I have a teeny, tiny little immediate family, so I expanded to include my uncles, aunts, and grandparents, but no kids, 'cause they are still forming.

    You can answer in the usual way, or if you want to answer in graphical form, like me, you can copy and paste these letters, and color and bold as needed.

    ISTJ ISFJ INFJ INTJ
    ISTP ISFP INFP INTP
    ESTP ESFP ENFP ENTP
    ESTJ ESFJ ENFJ ENTJ

    Why this meme? I love typology- ye old temperaments were my introduction, then the Colors, then, the true type love of my life Myers-Briggs, and most recently, the Enneagram. I love typing my family and think genealogical charts should have a spot for the person's type as well as more mundane things like their birth date. (Although some people think birthdate can be a type indicator..)

    No comments: