Friday, December 09, 2005

Got some bookreaders on that Christmas list?

Check out the list of critics picks at Reading matters.
It looks like Ian McEwan's Saturday and Kazuo Ishiguro's Never Let Me Go topped the poll, with four votes apiece.
Personally, I have to thumb through a fiction book really carefully. I don't read much fiction any more and have the bar set really high for a world I am about to get absorbed in. I am willing to go to an alright movie, but it better be a 5 star book (fiction that is.)

Forget 2005, what is/are your favorite fiction book/s of all time? (Please! I need a good read for my long pre-Christmas travel day!)

2 comments:

jo_jo said...

I really enjoyed Bel Canto by Ann Patchett. She did create a very rich world in that book. Most of my all-time favourites are comedy, The Gun Slinger by Hugh Laurie is one that springs to mind.

Where are you going?

Braidwood said...

Hi Jo!

Thanks for the reccomendations. I'm traveling to Maryland for Christmas and picking up my Grandfather on the way. It will be a three plane change, long traveling day. Also, it's on Christmas Eve day, so in an effort to make it cheery,(and not feel sorry for myself) I thought I would read a really great book, bring good food and dress festively.