Monday, July 04, 2005

Heigh ho, heigh ho!

It's off to work I go! Wow. Today is just my second day and already I have lots of mixed feelings and new impressions and... I told my roommates part of my negative impression last night, and then I realized that if I didn't focus on succeeding and seeing the good, then I would want to quit this job right away. They were very gracious and let me wipe the slate clean. I don't know how long I'll be at my new job, but I want to be successful and of one positive mind about it while I'm there. I also want to act with integrity. It will be easy to act with integrity on this job, but a couple war metaphors were used yesterday in training that bothered me. I officially reject war metaphors! I don't think they are useful and I think the metaphors we use to think about the world dramatically affect how we act and what we percieve. Think about that! That's my thought of the day for you: What metaphors do you live by and how does it affect your life?

Happy 4th!
Happy B-day, K!

No comments: