Friday, January 20, 2006

The Private Register

Bad google results yield more valuable fruit. I just found this article about the difference between secret, private, and public registers.
This is why, incidentally, why people hate blogs so much. My God, people say, how can Livejournallers be so self-obsessed? Oh, Christ, is Xeni talking about LA art again? Why won't they all shut up?

The answer why they won't shut up is - they're not talking to you. They're talking in the private register of blogs, that confidential style between secret-and-public. And you found them via Google.
This helps explain the trouble I've been having with how anonymous or non-anonymous my blog should be, but gives no answers about what to do. Still it's an intriguing enough question that I read the whole long article over at Danny O'Brien's Oblomovka.

No comments: