Thursday, March 17, 2005

Blog of the Day: Annie Bissett

Oh just 'cause. (to the unspoken question: "Why is this the blog of the day?") And, I haven't done a blog of the day post for awhile and her illustrations are really unique, yet familiar. I think they remind me of old fashioned chldren's book illustrations, but I'm not sure. What do you think? Also, if you go to her main site, you will see that her portfolio is really unusual for an illustrator and includes charts and maps among other things. Hmmm? Click on her "Year of Fridays" link to see her orignal and interesting take on the Friday themes. I liked a lot of them. About all these proffessional illustrators, I have to wonder, do they actually make enough money to support themselves doing this or are they doing the " a room of one's own thing" and getting a patron in some form or another? Right now my patron is an unthinkable, forehead scrunchable amount of student loans from the federal government. Thanks, all ya'll.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi April,

I'm thrilled to be your "Blog of the Day!" Thank you!

And to answer your question, yes. I and others have in fact been able to support ourselves (and even support small families) as freelance illustrators. Although it's an up-and-down kind of thing.

And I'd never say no to a wealthy patron :)

Annie