Monday, November 28, 2005

Just in time for the holidays: My Christmas Wish List

A list of wants that are buyable, 'cause my family keeps asking.

The big one, in descending order of cost
  • Ecologically built house in a co-housing neighborhood by the mountains and the sea, in the country near a city, close enough that I can ride to it on a bike, or a train. :)
  • Ecologically built house
  • House
  • Townhouse
  • Condo
  • Very small condo
Technology (may add specifics later)
  • New computer! A tablet pc (sorry mac, but I want a tablet.)
  • Printer
  • Scanner
  • Video camera
  • Digital camera
  • Voice recorder
More
  • A combo CD player, tape player, and radio that has good quality sound and is fairly small.
  • A tempurpedic mattress. (I have one of the pillows and I like it, but I think I need a softer one.)
  • A softer tempurpedic like pillow.
I can live without but would be nice if you happen to win it in a contest
  • New fuel-efficient, part-electrically powered car
Other car stuff
  • Oil change
  • General check up
  • Air conditioning
  • CD player for my current car
  • Tape player for my current car
Services
Highest priorities from my Amazon wish list
  • The Five Keys to Permanent Stress Reduction by Neil Fiore
  • The Science of Fitness with Tamilee: I Want That Body! by Tamilee Webb -ok I couldn't wait, I just bought this for myself today. A steel butt by Christmas! Actually, I did start using this over two years ago. I paused the video during the intro to look at Tamilee's little half moon butt on the TV screen. I stared at it while thinking positive half-moon butt thoughts. She used weights during the piddly 15 minute work out. I was training for a marathon at the time and could not get through the whole 15 minutes even without weights! I swear to you that within 3 or 4 times of doing the video I lost 3 inches off my booty. And I did eventually get a perfect half-moon butt! It was amazing. Then I had to stare at my own butt in awe. A friend told me with true feeling in her voice that she loved my butt. I eventually moved to the longer Firm videos. Now my butt looks like a large ballooning doughy lump of dough, starting to dribble down the back of my legs (seriously, this all is more than I intended to write) and I don't have the time or inclination to do the whole Firm videos anymore, so I'm going back to my half-moon roots. (Hey! If I ever start a production company, I can call it Half-Moon Productions! In honor of my booty's glory days!)
  • Making Friends with Death : A Buddhist Guide to Encountering Mortality by Judith L. Lief
  • Writing Your Dissertation in Fifteen Minutes a Day: A Guide to Starting, Revising, and Finishing Your Doctoral Thesis by Joan Bolker
  • City Comforts: How to Build an Urban Village, Revised Edition by David Sucher
  • Creating Optimism : A Proven, 7-Step Program for Overcoming Depression by Alicia Fortinberry
You can find the cheapest online prices for books including shipping costs at Fetchbook.

Hair Products (Thank you to the great site Curly Links for the list)
Surprises from the Heart

I have a friend who usually does not want anyone to give him conventional gifts. He thinks they are too commercial. He often gives handmade gifts and requests the same. For his birthday he asked for homemade gifts from the heart and got some great gifts. So, besides books, an ecologically built house, and styling gel, I would love homemade gifts or other gifts from your heart.

Most of the things I get complimented on were gifts from my gracious family. Their generosity is everywhere.

Merry
(planning for) Christmas!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Want to create your own wishlist without all the copy and pasting? Here are some wishlist sites (untested by me.)

No comments: