Tuesday, May 24, 2005

The Cultural Creatives: How 50 Million People Are Changing the World

...if you hunger for a deep change in your life that moves you in the direction of less stress, more health, lower consumption, more spirituality, more respect for the earth and the diversity within and among the species that inhabit her, YOU ARE NOT ALONE.
I blogged about Cultural Creatives at one point on this blog. I wish I could find it. Now Augustine has brought the words to light again. You can read more about Cultural Creatives here.

There is also a Cultural Creatives web ring. Some of the sites included look a bit new agey for me. ("I'd like some Cultural Creative, heavy on the science.")
There is nothing flaky about this. There is nothing New Age about this. These people are practical. They love the Earth, and they want to live their values.
Oh, well thanks, Meta Filter. Count me in then. Most of the comments at MetaFilter were harsh and I don't think most of the commenters actually read the book. Although I thought this one was pretty funny:
Do cultural creatives have indigo children when they mate?
HA! :) Despite some self aggrandizement and new ageyness of the people who count themselves as Cultural Creatives, sociologist Paul Ray and psychologist Sherry Anderson discovered a real phenomenon in the culture and their book is definitely worth reading.

Categories: , ,

1 comment:

Joel said...

The one problem with Cultural Creatives is that I have seen no manifesto other than some vague declarations about practicality and an attempt to fill the spiritual emptiness in modern life. I was identified as one, too, but what is it?