Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Write it down, make it happen?

I had a looonngg (read decade) search for a career direction. In college I liked learning about everything and after 5 years I graduated with a default Liberal Arts degree. Years later I finally did the excercises I had thumbed past several times in What Color is Your Parachute. They took much longer than the "two day weekend" the book predicted and they were soooo worth it. I finally had a clear picture of exactly what kind of job I would like, and when the opportunity for a career direction that fit those characteristics came along just weeks later, this usually creepingly slow decider decided real quickly. Since then I've been thinking, if it worked for finding a career, maybe it will work for finding a MAN! :) Oswegatchie says it worked for her. If it works as quickly as Parachute did for me, I could be married by this time next year! Ahh! (I'll leave it to you to read that "Ahhh!" as scared or joyful!)

Categories: , , ,

No comments: