Tuesday, June 07, 2005

I couldn't have said it better myself

I see now why people like the Real Live Preacher. Not a Christian myself, I have started to think of Christian people as cruel lately, sadly. It was nice to read RLP blog and open my heart again. I truly believe that it is not ok to sacrifice people for principle. I have been trying to find the words for that for a long time. Here are some good ones from a dramatized bible story at RLP:
Thomas said, “I’ve been thinking a lot about that night, and I remember something that Jesus said. It was back in Galilee, by the sea. He said that he would never sacrifice even one small person on the high altar of principle. And he said we would begin to know God when we understood that people were more important than ideas and principles. You know, it was like that other thing he always said, that the Sabbath was made for people and not the other way around."
And he said we would begin to know God when we understood that people were more important than ideas and principles.
Does that put a lump in your throat, too?

Catagories:,

No comments: