Friday, June 03, 2005

Illustration Friday: Digital


Digital: from the child of a computer programmer. The first thing I remember my mom telling me about computers is that all the information in the computer was in one's and zero's. I still don't know what that means. I used to walk up a biiiggg hill after kindergarten and eat lunch with my mom where she worked in the basement of hospital. I also spent many nights camping out in the little room she programmed in. At the time, the computer was so big it took up a whole refrigerated room by itself. I don't remember thinking about dinosaurs a lot, but the artifacts I have from that time are a pile of pictures on the old kind of printer paper of dinosaurs. They are all carefully labeled: "Sally age 43," "Henrietta 13."

So, I combined these two memories to create my digital dinosaur. Have a great weekend! I'm off to the mountains!

Categories: ,

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey look! We have surprisingly similar visual concepts, from totally different ends of the spectrum!

http://www.dracosoftware.com/illustrationfriday/digital.png

steve said...

That ribbon on the dinosaurs' head is just precious ! 1010101000010101010101010110

:-D

Christine Andrews said...

oh, this is just delightful! That's all we need, isn't it - naughts, number one's and an imagination... enjoy the mountains.

Anonymous said...

Right on. You must've had a blast making it. ^_^ Looks great! Enjoy the weekend. ---JB

Anonymous said...

Love your print; almost a visual pun yet...hope you have a great time in the mountains.

Braidwood said...

Thanks for the comments! I had an amazing time in the mountains, and it was fun to come home and read your comments!

Anonymous said...

Awesome blossom.

Braidwood said...

Anonymous, are you my mother? :)