Monday, June 20, 2005

Job Interview!

I'm about to go out and have a celebration lunch. I don't know if I got the job or not yet, but I'm celebrating just going on the interview. It's totally unrelated to the field I am getting my master's degree in. In fact, it is selling vacation ownership! (timeshares.) Laugh if you must. :) The good thing about this is, I can tell you all about the job without revealing my secret identity. Other good things: I might make a lot of money! It was so refreshing to go to a job interview and have it be ok that the reason I want the job is to make money! I mean, why else would I want a job? If I had all the money I needed I'd probably volunteer to do whatever I like to do, to contribute to people.

I'll let you know how it goes. I don't even know if I'll be any good at selling. Hurdles if I do get the job: 1) it is a 40 minute drive!!! 2) They work on Sundays and I like to go to church on Sundays. Will they let me have Sundays off??

So, getting really honest about money, (money isn't on my personal taboo list,) I am in a lot of debt because of student loans. I have lived pretty frugally all my life and I haven't had a lot of motivation to make a lot of money, my idealism was in the forefront, but now I want to be out of debt! And I have a burning desire to be financially independant, ala Your Money or Your Life. I want to be free.

Categories:

No comments: